Are you considering buying a new air conditioning unit? We have some tips that can help you through the decision making process and ensure that installation is done properly so your family stays cool this summer!
- Be sure to have your contractor size the air conditioner based on the latent cooling load and the sensible cooling load. The latent cooling load considers the humidity of the air, while the sensible cooling load considers the temperature of the air.
- Check the ducts! Make sure there are no leaks, disconnected ducts, and that airflow is not being restricted by improperly sized ducts for the system. Your contractor should use diagnostic equipment to find leaks and fix them with duct sealants.
- Consider a high-efficiency unit. It may cost more initially, but it will save you in energy savings in the long run.
- For easy maintenance, install the unit where the inside coil and air filter are easily reached for cleaning.
- Install the outside unit on the north or east side of the house, out of direct sunlight.
If you are building a new home or installing an air conditioner in an existing Panama City Beach, Santa Rosa Beach, or Destin home, give us a call at A Superior Air Conditioning at (850) 258-3225 to schedule an appointment!