An air conditioning and heating system is a big investment when building a new home or just replacing an old system. In order to prolong the life and increase the efficiency of your unit, it is important to keep up with preventative maintenance.
There are things you should do immediately, and others that are only necessary seasonally, monthly, or annually.
To do now:
- Buy a high-efficiency pleated air filter (key words: high-efficiency!)
- Keep AC and heat units free of leaves, pollen, and grass.
- Clear at least two feet of space around your outdoor AC and heat units.
To do monthly or seasonally:
- Inspect refrigerant lines each month to ensure there aren’t any leaks.
- Replace you air filter at least every 90 days.
- Turn off water to the furnace humidifier during the summer.
- Replace the humidifier filter and turn on water for the fall.
To do annually:
- Replace your carbon monoxide detector battery.
- Ensure your outdoor AC unit is on firm and level ground.
- Clear the AC condensate drain with a bleach and water mixture.
Doing these check-ups yourself will allow you the keep up with the condition of your unit. When something goes wrong you will know before it causes additional damage.
Once you detect something wrong with your AC and heating unit, it is recommended to call a professional for your safety.
Keep you and your family comfortable by getting preventative maintenance done on your AC! Give us a call at A Superior Air Conditioning at (850) 258-3225 to schedule your appointment!